It's been an offhand kinda week.

Yotarunner

Custom Call Maker
It's been a cold blustery week out here in the middle of nowhere Alberta so I haven't been able to get the calling in that I wanted to but I have managed a few stands and even a few dogs.
First stand was another quick after work deal. I quickly ripped over to the neighbors where I have a bait set to try and snare the coyotes that have been walking into his yard.
I checked the bait to find lots of tracks and no coyotes so I traced the tracks to a nearby stand of trees and setup.
The setup was not not ideal but I was itching to make a stand so I setup anyways hoping to count on the ghillie suit for concealment
W7wbkPf.jpeg

As you can see I have nothing for cover but a small chunk of snow.
I set the foxpro behind me in hopes of drawing a coyote past me so I had an opertunity to use my new shotgun.
After the second series of howls I looked into the bushes and realized the white tree I was looking at was looking back at me! Then not long after that three more faces we're all looking my direction.
After a short staredown they had started to head back to the bush when I hit pup distress.
All I saw was glimpses of heads and tails as they all started my way right behind the hill that was blocking my view.
After a coyote showed up from behind the hill and caught me swinging the bipod her way I quickly stood up and managed to catch her at 160 yards offhand while the rest made their escape.
O36Ydt1.jpeg

Today was not quite as exciting. I parked in the farmers yard and made my way around the Corral's and headed up the hills. As I crested the final knoll I looked across to see this coyote sitting up looking at me across the way. I unsling my rifle and as soon as he enters the scope coyote #45 is down for the count.
The interesting thing about this coyote is the fact that it had a perfect view of me driving up and walking to my position up until I disappeared behind the last hill. The tracks in the snow indicated it had been lying there watching me the whole time. If you look close you can see my truck behind the trees.
V3GGSPz.jpeg

1689.gif

This post is nominated for Hunter of the Month. Sorry, the nifty little .gif isn't rotating, so all you see is "Nominated" for now.

Oh and I forgot the best part!! Where those 4 coyotes came in was within a mile of where the coyotes came from when I had my 5 coyote stand!

Originally Posted By: SnowshoesA couple nice looking coyotes there! I especially like the top one
smile.gif

I know that one is a beautifull dog. What gets me though is the first coyote I saw from that group was even better. Big huge silky white coyote probably the nicest one I have ever seen. Needless to say I will be going back.

Last edited:
Absolutely gorgeous coyotes and great pictures. Thanks for sharing and try and stay warm looks like it might be a little cold up there.

Originally Posted By: OchocobullAbsolutely gorgeous coyotes and great pictures. Thanks for sharing and try and stay warm looks like it might be a little cold up there.

its only about -8F so as long as the winds not blowing its pretty good hunting weather.
thanks for the compliments.

Back